Rabbits Vehicle Hire Ltd is an independent rental company, set up and established in 1989 by Kevin Rapson and Graham Dore.
The vision from the outset was clear – Provide good quality vehicles along with a great delivery and collection service, combining the professionalism of the national rental companies with the personal touch and high-quality service that being independent allows.
Whilst Graham retired in 2011, Kevin still runs the business to this day alongside Graham’s son Steve who has been with the business since the year 2000. Both are very “hands on” and take great pride in the service Rabbits provide, so much so that they will gladly give out their direct numbers, allowing 24/7 contact, should you ever need them in an emergency.
In the last 5 years, Rabbits has doubled its turnover whilst maintaining a consistent net profit margin, growing consistently despite turbulent conditions. This, combined with being independent and a great relationship with our own suppliers, means quick decisions can be made by the Directors, enabling us to procure new vehicles for your requirements very speedily. This efficiency has attracted several blue-chip customers who Kevin, Steve and the rest of the team liaise with on a regular basis to ensure that a great customer/supplier relationship is consistently maintained.
As we enter 2021, we have now grown to a fleet size of over 500 vehicles, ranging from:
- Cars (Small, Medium, Large, Estate & Executive) (Automatic or Manual)
- 4×4 (Pickups with or without Truckman covers as well as “standard” Mitsubishi Shogun style units)
- Minibuses (7-Seater, 9-Seater, 15-Seater and 17-Seater options)
- Vans (Small Vans, Short/Medium/Long Wheelbase Van options) (Automatic options too)
- Crew Cab Vans (Double Cab Small Van/Medium Van/Large Van options)
- Lutons (Tail Lift & Low Loaders options)
- 3.5T Flatbeds (Dropsides, Tippers and Cage Tippers)
- Crew Cab Flatbeds (Tippers)
- 7.5T Trucks (Box Trucks, Dropsides, Tippers and Cage Tippers) (Automatic options too)
- Curtain Siders (Luton and 7.5T)
- Refrigerated Vans (Small and MWB size with separate fridge/freezer sections)
- Chapter 8 Traffic Management Vehicles
- Welfare Vans (Complete with separate dining and toilet/wash area)
- Tow Bar + Roof Rack Vehicles
If we don’t currently have the vehicle you require in stock, we have direct access to a selection of brand new vehicles though a number of suppliers (covering the majority of makes and models), all of which we can usually source quickly.
We often modify vehicles to suit customer requirements i.e. additional load bars and rails in Luton trucks for carrying moving containers, lined load areas in vans for transporting waste, clinical products etc.
As of 2020 the majority of our vehicles are ULEZ compliant.
The whole of our fleet is available on short- or long-term basis and we can offer fully bespoke pricing structures, tailored specifically to your requirements depending on vehicle type, duration of hire, mileage etc.
Recently we have seen a growing trend of businesses seeking to access the benefits of leasing, without having to make such long-term commitments i.e. a flexible rental option without early termination penalties. A good example of this would be when a company employs a new-starter and, until a probationary period has been completed, doesn’t want to commit to ordering a new company car. Or, even when a vehicle has been ordered, there can be times when the lead time of the new vehicle makes a 3-4 month hire a great, stop-gap solution. Likewise, a specialist vehicle (such as a tipper) may be required for a 3-4-month construction project.
Equally, our rates for traditional daily rental “spot hires” are just as competitive.
DELIVERY & COLLECTION
Too busy to collect or return a vehicle? Don’t worry! We offer a full delivery and collection service to your home/office and whilst we largely service the South of England, our dedicated team are always more than happy to travel all over the UK, should you require. If you require more information on how our delivery & collection service works, please call a member of our team on 0118 946 1661 who will be more than happy to assist.